Financial Aid & Scholarships
Merit-Based Scholarships - Ninth Grade Entrance Only
Laurel’s Dream. Dare. Do. Merit Scholarship Program offers up to $60,000 in merit awards each year to rising Ninth Grade students who have distinguished themselves as outstanding scholars and displayed additional talents in their extracurricular areas such as leadership, dance, music, acting, art or volunteerism. Scholarships are renewable for up to three years and as long as the student functions at a high level of achievement academically and in her extracurricular endeavors.
In order to be considered for the Merit Scholarship program, candidates must meet all requirements for admission to Ninth Grade at Laurel in addition to completing our Merit application, recommendation form, essay and interview with a member of the Merit Scholarship selection committee. Students must receive qualifying scores of 5 or higher on each section of the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) to receive a Merit application and be eligible for the Merit Scholarship program.
- Complete and submit all paperwork associated with Laurel School's admission process by Monday, December 16, 2013 for the January 17, 2014 decision date.
- The last available date to take the Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE) to qualify for the Merit Scholarship is Saturday, December 14, 2013.
- Merit Scholarship decisions will be mailed on January 17, 2014.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Admissions Office
Need-Based Financial Aid and Tuition and Fees Policies
Laurel is committed to enrolling academically qualified students, regardless of their families' ability to afford full tuition. Our program supports our commitment to enrolling an economically diverse student body by assisting families in financing a Laurel education. For this academic school year Laurel offered over $2 million in financial aid, distributed to approximately one-third of the student body, Kindergarten-Grade 12. Financial Aid awards range from $1,000 to 95% of tuition.
To familiarize yourself with the financial aid process, including terminology, financial aid calculators and sample questions to ask, please download the SSS Family Guide to Financial Aid (pdf).
The admissions process and need-based aid award decisions are separate procedures. Once an applicant has been accepted for admission, candidates who have applied for financial aid are considered by the Financial Aid Committee based on demonstrated need, as revealed by the School and Student Services by NAIS (SSS) in Randolph, MA. The committee cannot guarantee that all candidates who qualify for financial aid will receive an award.
Learn more about Laurel's Financial Aid program and Tuition and Fees policies by clicking and reading our finance document.
To apply for Financial Aid at Laurel
- Check the box on the admissions application to inform us of your interest in applying for financial aid.
- Starting on November 1, 2013, visit http://sssbynais.org/.
- Click on the prompt to begin your Parents' Financial Statement (PFS).
- You will be asked to create a username and password that will allow you to return to your PFS at a later date before submitting it. Your information will be secure.
- You will be given instructions on how to submit backup documents to SSS.
Application Calendar Deadlines for Need-Based Financial Aid
|FIRST ROUND DECISION (Grades 4-12)|
|December 16, 2013|
January 17, 2014
|January 31, 2014|
|SECOND ROUND DECISION (Grades K-8)|
|February 19, 2014|
|February 28, 2014|
March 12, 2014